Author: Sheikh Aḥmad al-Mazrooī
Publisher: Authentic Statements Publications
Written by Sheikh Aḥmad al-Mazrooī, Tafsīr of Short Sūrahs for Muslim Youth is a short treatise which is meant to help the Muslim youth understand the Qurʾān better. It starts with Sūrah aḍ-Ḍuḥā, ending with Sūrah an-Nās. It's a very beneficial book Alḥamdulillāh.
I think this book is a must-have for anyone of the Muslim youth who is interested in reading the Qurʾān in-depth; the Muslim can ponder over it, benefit from it and act according to it. It is personally one of my favorite books, I've benefited a lot from it Alḥamdulillāh.
One of the best explanations I think is the explanation of Sūrah al-'Aṣr. It is as follows:
"Allāh (عز و جل) swears by the time, due to its great importance, that all man-kind is in a state of loss in this life and the Hereafter, except for those who adorn themselves with four qualities.
1. Belief in Allāh (عز و جل), His angels, His books, His messengers, the Day of Judgement, and divine decree.
2. Perform righteous actions that are obligatory and recommended.
3. Invite to the true religion.
4. Show patience upon the obedience of Allāh (عز و جل), patience in avoiding sins, and patience with the decree of Allāh (عز و جل)." [End quote.]
This shows that Sūrah al-'Aṣr teaches the Muslim to act righteously and be obedient to Allāh (عز و جل).
And another explanation which is of Sūrah ash-Sharḥ:
"Allāh (عز و جل) expanded the chest of the Prophet (ﷺ) with the Qurʾān and Islām. He forgave him of his sins, lightened his burdens, and elevated his reputation."
"Hardship and difficulty go away, and ease and relaxation will come afterward."
"When you have completed your occupation, strive in the worship of your Lord (عز و جل)."
A few of the great benefits of this book:
1. Concise book, just 72 pages of highly beneficial texts
2. Detailed explanation of the Sūrahs
3. Great to ponder over
Concluding this, this a great book for those who wish to read the Qurʾān deeply. It is an absolute must-have.
May Allah bless the authors of this book, the publishers and all who contributed to it, you, and shukran.