His Name, Birth and Lineage
His name is the Virtous Sheikh al-ʿAllāmah ʿAbd al ʿAzīz ibn ʿAbdullāh ibn ʿAbdur-Raḥmān ar-Rājiḥī, born in al-Bukayriyah, one of the cities of al-Qaṣīm, in 1361 AH, and his lineage stops at the well-known Tribe of Bani Zayd in the area of Najd. This tribe goes back to the famous tribe Qaḥṭānī.
His Pursuit of Knowledge
The Sheikh studied at the Elementary level in al-Bukayriyah, and later he joined the Academic Institute in Riyādh. Upon completing his studies there, he enrolled in the Faculty of Sharīʿa (ie., Islamic Law). Afterward, he obtained his master's degree from the Higher Judicial Institute at the same University. The title of his thesis was "Blind following, giving Fatwa, & seeking religious verdicts." Later, he studied under the country's reciter Sheikh ʿAbdur-Raḥmān ibn Salīm (رحمه الله). He also attended some of the lessons and Friday sermons of Sheikh Muḥammad ibn ʾIbrāhīm, the Mufti of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (رحمه الله) who died in 1389 A.H (i.e., 1969 C.E).
The Sheikh studied with several scholars:
- Sheikh ʿAbdullāh ibn Humayd (رحمه الله)
- Sheikh Abd al ʿAzīz ibn ʿAbdullāh ibn Bāz (رحمه الله)
- Sheikh Abd al ʿAzīz ibn ʿAbdullāh ibn Sabīl (رحمه الله)
- Sheikh al-ʿAllāmah ʿAbdur-Razzāq ʿAfīfī (رحمه الله)
- Sheikh al-ʿAllāmah ʿAbdullāh ibn Ghudyān (رحمه الله)
The Sheikh has several Ijāzah in the books of Sunnah and others.
- 1. The director of studies at Imām Muḥammad ibn Saud University at the faculty of Religious Fundamentals in the department of al-ʿAqīdah until his retirement.
- 2. Supervisor and Discussion for dozens of Masters’ & Doctoral dissertations.
- 3. Assisted with the Ministry of Islāmic Affairs, Daʿwah, and Guidance for Ḥajj in teaching and giving Fatwā.
- 4. Lecturer at the two Scared Mosques (Makkah and Medīnah) during various seasons.
- 5. Regular Khaṭīb at the city of Riyādh.
- 6. Regularly give scholastic lessons in Riyādh. His weekly classes exceeded more than twenty courses on different matters.
- 7. Regularly give Islāmic Educational courses on ʿAqīdah and other topics throughout Saudi Arabia and around the Gulf region.
His Published Works
- 1. Minha al-Malik al-Jalīl, an explanation of Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī.
- 2. Tawfīq ar-Rabb al-Munim, an explanation of Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim consisting of 9 volumes.
- 3. Explanation of several treatises by Sheikh-al-Islām ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله).
- 4. Explanation of several treatises by Sheikh Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb (رحمه الله).
- 5. Hill al-Uqdah, an explanation of Umdah al-Fiqh consisting of 2 volumes.
- 6. al-Ifhām, an explanation of Bulūgh al-Marām consisting of 2 volumes.
- 7. al-Ibānah, an explanation of ash-Sharh wal-Ibānah consisting of 2 volumes.
- 8. al-Hidāyah ar Rabbāniyah, an explanation of al-ʿAqīdah at-Taḥāwiyah.
- 9. at-Taqlīd wal-Iftā wal-Istiftā (Master's thesis)
The Sheikh also has well over 20,000 Fatwā.
May Allāh preserve this Sheikh, keep him firm upon the religion of Islām, and reward him for his contributions to the religion.
May Allāh bless you, and shukran.
Source : Contents of the biography is extracted from the book, Detailed Chapters Clarifying Tawḥīd, Minor Shirk and Major Shirk, with minor changes to the original wording.